Software Project Manager-Technical
Clearance: MUST BE CLEARABLE TO TOP SECRET/SCI CLEARANCE WITH POLYGRAPH.
Work Location: Fairfax or Chantilly, VA areas
The selected candidate will work in a fast-paced, exciting office that develops, implements, and maintains mission critical information systems to the intelligence community. The 100+ person contract is organized into approximately 25 projects. This position will be as the Project Manager for one of the smaller projects or as Deputy Project Manager for a larger project (depending on candidates skills and experience).
Summary of Position: Responsible for the performance of relatively small non-technical, technical, or intelligence projects or a definable portion of a larger technical program in accordance with contract requirements and company policies, procedures and guidelines. Directs and supervises all support resources for the performance of project assignments and activities. Manages the technical direction of a project through the design, implementation, and testing in accordance with project objectives. Also responsible for acquiring follow-on business associated with assigned projects and for supporting new business development by leading relatively small proposals or assisting with major proposals. Trains and directs employee work activities.
- Defines, launches, and drives mission-critical strategic and operational initiatives in core non-technical programs.
- Creates a method of change management including ownership of a documentation library, communication plans, process training, etc.
- Responsible for acquiring follow-on business associated with assigned programs and for supporting new business development by leading proposals.
- Responsible for complex program management tasks and development of standards and processes for scheduling, administration, and accounting.
- Provides thought leadership to project analyses and process improvement activities.
- Matrix manages directors/managers from multiple departments to accomplish interdepartmental initiatives.
- Clearly documents and presents findings including creation of diagrams and procedure documentation.
- Responsible for driving recommendations through to implementation.
- Communicates effectively with a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Identifies, analyzes and defines project requirements and scope.
- Exercises broadly delegated authority for planning, directing, coordinating, administering, and executing many routine and complex projects/programs.
- Assists with budget, staff, and other resources necessary to accomplish the goals and/or objectives of the program group/function.
- May interviews, selects and trains staff to provide quality results for the organization as needed.
- Develops performance plans and evaluations of employees, including subordinate supervisors as well as reviews evaluations to assure equity of individual employee performance objectives, standards and ratings among lower level staff/groups.
- Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and ten to twelve years of related experience, including three to five years of supervisory/management experience.
- The clearance level required is dependent on the type of clearance supported by our client.
- Experience supervising/management of software developers with any of the following technologies (java, hadoop, groovy, or other new high emerging technologies).
- Agile development experience.
- PMP Certification.
Company Description: CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. Join CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian clients. A member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies and the Russell 2000 Index, CACI provides dynamic careers for approximately 15,000 employees working in over 120 offices worldwide.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.