The Customer seeks an experienced design specialist to join the multimedia team which provides services enabling Sponsor Data Scientists to create and convey a wide range of static and dynamic products covering their technical work and the results of data science efforts. The successful candidate will design and develop print, web, and interactive products for practicing Data Scientists.
This position is responsible for the production of high-end interactive multimedia products created to present and clarify complex subject matter to diverse audiences.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Depending upon assignment, this position independently performs most of the following Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Works collaboratively with the customer to coordinate and develop plans for highly complex multimedia project production.
- Defines project goals, scope, and requirements (i.e., audience, deadline, final product format, delivery methods) for all phases of planning and production.
- Assembles and leads contractor teams.
- Interprets customer requirements and project complexity to determine team and technical resources needed for timely, accurate product delivery.
- Develops production timelines for projects.
- Advises customers on proper approach, product type, and methodology and provides effective solutions to their data presentation needs.
- Proposes alternative approaches and mediums for customer's consideration.
- Provides technical information to customer's inquiries.
2. Initiates content and leads production coordination activities with the project team.
- Develops new concepts, coordinates team production methodology, and assesses whether alternative formats, media, or technology are appropriate.
- Develops unique specialty content, such as 3D animation, special visual effects, narration and sound effects, original video, audio or video editing, dynamic maps, graphics, or databases, illustrations, etc.
3. Develops original content.
- Researches and analyzes multimedia methodology and subject matter to develop original concepts for presenting complex ideas.
- Creates project storyboards and work plans.
- Researches and acquires necessary releases, licenses, and approvals as required.
- Provides direction and guidance to contractor project team members in the interpretation of customer requirements.
- Provides guidance in the collection of video source footage, audio sound elements, and other existing or archived graphic or cartographic materials.
- Applies personal full performance multi-media specialty expertise (graphic design, videography, cartography, or multimedia design/development) to produce the related multimedia requirements and to provide cross-specialty training to others.
- Provides periodic product content reviews for the customer, negotiating production content changes and deadlines as appropriate.
4. Designs highly sophisticated interactive multimedia products.
- Designs and authors complex interface and navigation.
- Creates detailed artwork, such as illustrations, interactive charts, photographs, interactive maps, 3D animations, special effects.
- Ensures multimedia products are formatted appropriately for distribution and archival.
- Serves as a project manager or team lead for contractors that may include video producer/directors, graphic designers, cartographers, or multimedia designer/developers.
- Casts and rehearses actors and narrators for multimedia productions.
- Composites and edits video footage, narration, sound effects, graphics, animation and music.
- Provides advice and troubleshooting for complex interface and navigation schemes.
5. Tests and reviews products for quality control.
- Tests integrated content on various platforms and networks to ensure viewing, interactivity, and audio/video quality.
- Reviews content with customers and other appropriate personnel (e.g., editors, scientists, analysts, cartographers, graphic designers, videographers, engineers, intelligence educators, etc.) to ensure accuracy, completeness, and correct Classification and controls or declassification based on customer requirements for viewing population and distribution.
- Incorporates revisions into the final product.
6. Delivers final product and provides instructions to customer.
- Delivers final product as CD-ROM, DVD, Web, or other unique deliverables (e.g., kiosks and exhibits) for the customer's mission requirements.
- Provides instruction to customers on aspects of the project, including navigation and specialized computer and display equipment.
7. Performs administrative or other ad hoc duties.
- Follows-up on customer issues, questions, and/or technical problems with the product.
- Archives final product files per established guidelines.
- Prepares written reports to close out project, including details on milestones, production steps and procedures taken, and identified issues and concerns.
- Keeps apprised of industry technological enhancements and changes; assesses and selects enhancements/innovations deemed feasible and appropriate.
- Identifies and ensures the implementation of appropriate production methods.
Provide design and production expertise for a wide variety of print, web, and interactive products to help inform and educate internal and external audiences on data science. These will include internal communications, branding, brochures, posters, and information design and data visualization.Work with data science teams to deliver outstanding dynamic data products; these often take the form of dashboards and visualizations. As required, promising targeted interactive products will be scaled from pilots towards Enterprise capabilities. Assist in the design of, and create templates for, data science artforms. These artforms will be similar to scholarly publications and cover deta ils of novel data science tech niques, the application of techniques to particular mission needs, and the findings of data science work.
Typically requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent, and two to four years of related experience. Knowledge of media production and direction, script writing, and the operation of the above mentioned production equipment sufficient to create quality video programs is required.
The clearance level required is dependent on the type of clearance supported by our client.
Must be able to use Photoshop to alter images as needed.
At least 6 years' experience with Adobe Creative Suites Creative Cloud.
Experience with aftereffects or other video editing software. Experience with marketing and/or advertising.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. Join CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian clients. A member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies and the Russell 2000 Index, CACI provides dynamic careers for approximately 15,000 employees working in over 120 offices worldwide.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.