Project Summary: As the PRIME contractor, we support Mission critical software application systems. We have enjoyed serving our customer for over a decade with long-term relationships and project successes. Staff size exceeds 100 members with opportunities for growth in leadership, technical, or customer interfacing roles. Diversity of project offerings. Many different applications being developed with different types of development work. (Front End, middle-tier, back-end, database development, etc.). Embedded on site with Customer.
POSITION SUMMARY: We are seeking an experienced Database Developer who under minimal direction provides support to Java developers for SQL query troubleshooting, query tuning, and new development of SQL queries, stored procedures, and triggers. May also be asked to perform -œback-end- DBA tasks such as table partitioning, database migration, and ETL.
- Work as a key database developer and thought leader to enable Database update, modification, and creation to enable the storage of and access to key mission data..
- Ability to work closely with application development teams to understand, develop and test the database components developed to meet the user needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write PL/SQL code for stored procedures and triggers. May be asked to do the same for databases other than Oracle
- Write efficient SQL queries against extremely large tables
- Monitor/troubleshoot query performance issues
- Support application developers by developing and reviewing SQL code, making index recommendations, and providing DBA support for databases
- Provide extract, transform, and load (ETL) support using open-source productsRequired Qualifications:
- Must be able to obtain: TS/SCI with favorable polygraph
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree and ten to twelve years of related experience.
- Oracle 11g and 12 databases, Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN), strong SQL skills, , and UNIX experience.
- Good PL/SQL skills
- Experience with SQL Developer, TOAD, or comparable database tool
- Experience supporting Agile software development
- Familiarity with other databases, such as MySQL, and NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services RDS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required. FRHP