Under close supervision, assists in designing, coding, testing, developing, and documenting application programs and procedures for computer-based business systems. Works with users to define system scope and objectives. Develops block diagrams of program logic from program specifications. Tests resulting instructions and identifies erroneous coding and inadequate or incorrect block diagramming. Performs modifications to and maintenance of operational programs and procedures.
- Test and document computer programs, apply knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems.
- Evaluates user requests for new or modified program to determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system, and computer capabilities. Participates in consultation with user to identify current operating procedures and clarify program objectives.
- Reads manuals, periodicals, and technical reports to learn ways to develop programs that meet user requirements.
- Formulates limited plans outlining steps required to develop program, using structured analysis and design.
- Submits plans to more experienced programmer analyst for approval. Prepares flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate sequence of steps program must follow and to describe logical operations involved.
- Designs computer terminal screen displays to accomplish goals of user request. Enters program codes into computer system.
- Enters commands into computer to run and test program. Reads computer printouts or observes display screen to detect syntax or logic errors during program test, or uses diagnostic software to detect errors.
- Replaces, deletes, or modifies codes to correct errors. Writes documentation to describe basic program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
- Assists users to solve operating problems. Assists in the recreation of steps taken by user to locate source of problem and rewrites program to correct errors.
- May use computer-aided software tools, such as flowchart design and code generation, in each stage of system development.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Familiarity with the following software:
- Serena Business Manager (SBM) and Serena Dimensions CM for Configuration Management.
- IBM Rhapsody Systems for Engineering Architecture and System Specification Requirements (modeling tool).
- IBM DOORS for Requirements Management and Traceability functions.
- HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) for Test and Defect Management.
- HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT) as a Test Management Tool.
- 1-2 years of relational database administration experience in MSSQL Server 2014/2016 using T-SQL DML (Database Markup Language).
- Familiarity with Microsoft VBA (Visual Basic for Application) development and accessing data sources via ODBC (Open Database Connectivity).
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 using Team Foundation Server or similar IDE and source control system.
- Familiarity with lifecycle management. Demonstrates the aptitude to understand the interdependent Navy maintenance programs such as OMMS-NG/VSB/OARS/ CDMD-OA/CCIMS/NMD/M&SWP and their supporting requirements.
- Candidate must be Security+ certified. Other acceptable certifications which meet the 8570.01-M baseline requirement for IAT-II.
- SEA04/NMMES/PMO-IT process familiarity is a plus
- Candidate must have a Secret clearance.
- Non-degreed Candidates should have a relevant certification such as an MCPD.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office products, specifically Access and Excel.
- Strong root cause analysis and problem solving skills, able to make headway in a fast-paced and dynamic environment while adhering to strict security guidelines.
- Ability to work diplomatically with business users/clients to gather accurate requirements and foster a lasting relationship built on strong business ethics in a military support environment.
- Strong writing skills. Possess the ability to technically write in order to document all work task completed in the form of either local procedures, as inputs to higher level guidance or in the form of a white paper to describe programming issues accompanied with the proposed solutions or approach.
- Typically requires bachelor‘s degree or equivalent and zero to two years of related experience.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.