CACI is seeking a Naval Marine Engineer to support our government customer. In this role you will help design and develop new ships and ship system concepts.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Design, develop and analyze new ships and ship system concepts
- Develop complex designs for current and conceptualized ships, systems and equipment
- Use design software to prepare plans, drawings and analytical models
- Evaluate designs for feasibility
- Analyze critical elements or performance of the design using analytic tools, model scale and full scale testing, or prototyping as appropriate
- Prepare reports of results and conclusions
- Recommend and implement changes to designs based on conclusions
- Identify and apply regulatory and customer standards, commercial and military standards, as well as classification society rules, to ship designs and modifications
- Interface with suppliers, vendors/contractors and cross functional teams to ensure necessary resources are available for ships and systems
- Research new technology and development tools to remain informed of current technology with respect to ship design and systems
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Naval Architecture or Ocean Engineering
- Five years or more of experience in ship design, marine or ocean engineering
- Good interpersonal skills to work with project teams and stakeholders
- A Secret clearance is the minimum requirement to begin employment
- As a requirement of continued employment you will be required to obtain a Secret Clearance
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.