Primary responsibilities include providing Tier 3 / 4 and Engineering daily support and administration of a mobile device solutions. The Mobile Engineer will serve as a Technical Professional for Mobile Enterprise Operational and Security MDM supporting Engineering teams within the organization. The successful candidate possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to partner with other leaders across the enterprise to identify opportunities and risks and develop and deliver solutions that support business strategies. Familiarity with ServiceNow ticketing systems is a plus, as is the ability to adapt to and develop procedures around changing technologies and customer requirements. This position will ensure the stability, integrity and efficient operation of the mobile systems that support mission critical DHS organizations.
You will monitor managed enterprise infrastructure platforms to identify performance issues and ensure the overall system integrity.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Ensure the overall health and strong security posture of complex network architectures. The Mobile Device Management Engineer will be actively involved with all phases of security design, implementation, proactive monitoring, troubleshooting and analysis of enterprise mobile device management. Develops system specifications, architecture designs, integration and test plans, and all relevant documentation. Develops security assessment and mitigation strategies. Maintain compliance with DOD Information Assurance requirements as well as ensuring service performance indicators are met or exceeded.
More About the Role:
- Work with both corporate and customer leadership to research, analyze, and implement enterprise-wide network security solutions/capabilities/enhancements to support customer business/mission goals and objectives.
- Assists with designs, analyses, tests and implementation of state-of-the-art secure network architectures.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in configuring and managing a leading MDM solution.
- Demonstrated experience in mobile device provisioning, deployment, and account management.
- Demonstrated experience delivering Apple Device Enrollment Program (DEP) and support
- In-depth knowledge of iOS mobile device operating systems and functionality.
- General Systems administration support, including server build, hardening, and application installation and troubleshooting.
- Coordinate with security, network, and systems engineering teams to ensure solutions are integrated into the enterprise smoothly, and that supported systems are monitored and maintained
- Mobile device management, troubleshooting and installation for wireless access to internet, email, calendar, air cards, cell phone, and applications
- Technical understanding for activating, configuring, phone number porting, contact transfers, and troubleshooting mobile devices, which includes smartphones, flip phones, tablets, air cards, and MIFI devices.
- Mobile device encryption services
- Coordinate with security, network, and systems engineering teams to ensure solutions are integrated into the enterprise using agency processes and procedures to include pre-release testing and qualification of new devices and applications to ensure feasibility and usefulness
- Responsible for maintaining the stability, availability, and security of AirWatch and InTune systems
- Work closely with vendors for support with mobile device activations, deactivations, procurement, troubleshooting, and device replacement.
- Conduct research for mobile device equipment, accessories, and airtime services.
- Receive, review, and validate monthly billing from service providers for mobile airtime services.
- Leverage support of MDM providers to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues.
- Provide technical support for all mobile device issues via our ticketing system, telephone, email, and in-person.
- Monitor and control mobile device inventory and mobile asset management along with metrics that illuminate efficiencies or opportunities for growth.
- Create and maintain documentation to include Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Configuration Documentation, Policy Documentation, and Training Documentation.
- Executive level, high visibility support of mobile devices.
- Provide after-hours troubleshooting and/or on-call availability as needed.
- Provide support for upgrading production environment to the latest patches and major releases
- Monitors system performance and capacity, and provides periodic system status reports to department management
- Analyzes reports to identify trends and opportunities for process and technology enhancements.
- Inform management in a clear, concise, and timely manner of any customer or technical issues
- You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- US Citizenship required
- An active Entrance on Duty (EOD) is required to begin employment and must be maintained as a requirement of continued employment
- 3-5 years or more of current experience working as a Mobile Device Administrator
- Knowledge of monitoring and analytical systems.
- Proven experience with Agile, sprints and DevOps concepts
- Experience working with a Scrum Master, Daily Scrum meetings, sprints and written deliverables
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Strong critical thinking, complex problem solving, appropriate judgment and decision-making skills
- Proven communicator and leader.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible – The environment is highly dynamic. You will be expected to keep up with the changing environment while ensuring a high-level of operational effectiveness along with sprint work items and deliverables due the end of each sprint.
- Detail oriented
- Team Player – This role is part of a much larger team
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Relevant DHS focused experience
- Cloud technologies with an emphasis on Azure or Amazon Web Services.
- Active Directory experience, particularly in a large enterprise environment.
- Strong scripting skills.
- Ability to apply ITIL v3 Foundation concepts within the workplace.
- Project management experience - taking projects from initial concept through design, development, testing and deployment.
- Demonstrated experience with MobileIron, Airwatch, and/or InTune.
- At least one of the following certifications: Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE); Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP); and/or Microsoft Windows Server Administration