Team CACI has an exciting and challenging opportunity available for a Network Security Engineer supporting an Intelligence Community customer’s wide-area (WAN), local-area (LAN) and campus-area (CAN) networks across multiple security domains.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Ensure the overall health and strong security posture of complex network architectures. The Network Security Engineer will be actively involved with all phases of security design, implementation, proactive monitoring, troubleshooting and analysis of firewalls, IDSs, VPNs, security controls and policies. Develops system specifications, architecture designs, integration and test plans, and all relevant documentation. Develops security assessment and mitigation strategies. Maintain compliance with DOD Information Assurance requirements as well as ensuring service performance indicators are met or exceeded.
More About the Role:
• Work with both corporate and customer leadership to research, analyze, and implement enterprise-wide network security solutions/capabilities/enhancements to support customer business/mission goals and objectives.
• Assists with designs, analyses, tests and implementation of state-of-the-art secure network architectures.
• Conducts risk assessment and provides recommendations for design.
• Conducts encryption technology, penetration and vulnerability analysis of various security technologies, and information technology security research
• Manage WAN, LAN, CAN, and remote network security as well as incident and problem management.
• Oversee security infrastructure sustainment, maintenance, and advanced configuration. (firewalls, web gateways, mail gateways, IDS, intrusion detection systems, and management tools.
• Oversee the reporting, documentation and investigation of all security related incidents; lead the development and implementation of corrective measures.
• Responsible for staffing of network security personnel that will be performing an array of information security tasks for a 24/7 service that revolves around mission requirements.
• Responsible for development and execution of standard operating procedures for security tools.
• Create and maintain System Security Authorization Agreement (SSAA) documentation, creates and maintains Plan of Action and Milestones for each system.
• Evaluate and report on new network Security technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
• Act as liaison to the contract and customer management, and government Designated Approving Authority (DAA) with regard to all network security status, policies, and procedures.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
• Experience with major cloud providers mandatory
• Possess superior technical aptitude and effective written and verbal communications skills.
• Proven experience with managing and using Dev Ops concepts.
• Certification: CCIE/CCNP Security
• Follow security best practices and agency configuration guidance
• Implement network security controls in the cloud
• Experience with hardening, securing, and creating new rules for network infrastructure
• Audit firmware versions and configuration settings
• Architect and engineer network access controls
• Address and remediate security vulnerabilities
• SD WAN and data center migration experience is a preferred
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in Network Security with infrastructure and software.
• Experience designing, engineering and designing solutions with a security mindset.
• Ability and readiness to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, collaborative environment.
• Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills required.
• Must have strong critical thinking, complex problem solving, appropriate judgment, and decision-making skills
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-National Harbor-MD-MARYLAND SUBURBAN