CACI is seeking a Junior/Entry Level Naval Architect, Marine Engineer, or Ocean Engineer for client support at the Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division (NSWCCD) in Bethesda, MD. You will provide engineering support on various research projects and will be embedded within larger government teams.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Provide engineering services support that may including basic naval architecture (weights & stability, general arrangements, powering/maneuvering/seakeeping calculations, concept studies, hydrodynamic test support, structural design and calculations, hullform design), marine engineering (propulsion studies, auxiliaries analysis, fluid systems design and analysis, deck systems design and analysis), and ocean engineering (environment studies, offshore structure design and analysis, towed body engineering).
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
US Citizenship is required to obtain a Secret clearance
BS/BE in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering or Ocean Engineering
Ability to write clear reports and specifications in English
Ability to interface with NSWCCD customers and Program Managers
Ability to create CAD system models, hullform designs, and Machinery arrangement in AutoCAD
Proficient with MS Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
Excellent verbal (English) communication skills
Willingness to travel ≤10% of the time
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
Experience with specific naval architecture, marine engineering, and ocean engineering design and analysis software
Hands-on fabrication and assembly experience
Shipboard and/or shipyard experience
Model testing and structural testing experience (academic experience is fine)
Active Secret clearance
This position description is not an active opening but is representative of positions within CACI that are consistently available. Individuals who apply may also be considered for other positions at CACI.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.