What You’ll Get to Do:
Join CACI as a system administrator in a role that implements, supports, and maintains complex systems in a forward-moving, customer-oriented environment. This role requires working closely with other IT staff in support of Linux OS and Linux-based technologies, as well as Windows OS.
More About the Role:
Under this program, CACI provides IT development and maintenance support to DoD office-level systems. The Senior System Administrator will be a member of a four-person multi-discipline system administration team providing virtual server systems as well as value-added solutions to IT staff customers by maintaining secure configurations, escalation support, and delivering on service targets. As part of the client's IT team, the Senior System Administrator is able to independently manage their own areas of responsibility and works closely with their team, management, application architects, cybersecurity, application system administrators, and DBAs supporting the office's customers.
As a system administrator you will:
- Configure, troubleshoot and maintain virtual server platforms. Operating systems supported include Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, RH Atomic Host, Docker, and Windows 2016 hosted on VMware vCloud.
- Configure and maintain Apache HTTPD, NAS Storage, SDN/Networking, Monitoring, Docker, Firewall, and Splunk.
- Perform performance monitoring, identify enhancements, as well as process
automation through the use of scripting or available technologies.
- Provide daily support and maintenance of servers as well as problem resolution, tracing, Unix scripting, and project support.
- Update and create installation and configuration Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Maintain current knowledge of DoD security and technical guidelines and the organization's policies.
- Provide support for production, prerelease, and development environments.
- After-hours support is required for maintenance and patching when needed.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 or 8
Web Server (Apache/IIS)
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.