Are you tired of working to patch legacy applications and ready to put your knowledge, skills and experience to work building a true modern application that is new development, cloud native, working in a SecDevOps environment including real Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, in a consistent Agile Software Development Framework? CACI is currently looking for Test Automation Engineer with agile methodology experience to join our BEAGLE (Border Enforcement Applications for Government Leading-Edge Information Technology) Agile Solution Factory (ASF) Team supporting Customs and Border Protection (CBP) client located in Northern Virginia!
Join this passionate team of industry-leading individuals supporting the best practices in Agile Software Development for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). As a member of the BEAGLE ASF Team, you will support the men and women charged with safeguarding the American people and enhancing the Nation’s safety, security, and prosperity. CBP agents and officers are on the front lines, every day, protecting our national security by combining customs, immigration, border security, and agricultural protection into one coordinated and supportive activity. ASF programs thrive in a culture of innovation and are constantly seeking individuals who can bring creative ideas to solve complex problems, both technical and procedural at the team and portfolio levels. The ability to be adaptable and to work constructively with a technically diverse and geographically separated team is crucial. You should have worked with or have a strong interest in agile software development practices and delivering deployable software in short sprints.
What you’ll get to do:
As a Test Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for the testing of new and existing software applications. Your responsibilities will include verifying and validating functionality by evaluating software against system requirements. You will utilize automated testing tools to develop and maintain reusable automated tests. You will be expected to collaborate closely with all members of the scrum team to understand the functionality being developed and the technical design of the implementation in order to properly design and develop accurate, high-quality automated tests. * Perform analysis of documented user requirements and create or assist in the design of test plans for moderately complex to highly complex software or IT systems * Develop automated tests, working closely with the functional team to review and evaluate test scenarios and collaborating with the technical team to identify the proper approach to automate tests within the development environment * Provide guidance to scrum teams on testing methods, practices and tools * Work with the team to understand and resolve software problems with automated tests and respond to suggestions for modifications or enhancements * Participate in backlog grooming, estimation, and other Agile Scrum ceremonies * Help define standards and procedures to support testing activities and materials (e.g., scripts, configurations, utilities, tools, plans, and results) * Stay current with cutting-edge technologies to identify the best practices for creating automated tests
• Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to pass CBP background investigation, criteria include but are not limited to:
o 3 year check for felony convictions
o 1 year check for illegal drug use
o 1 year check for misconduct such as theft or fraud
• College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline.
Equivalent professional experience will be considered in lieu of degree
Professional Experience: at least 5 plus (5+) years related technical experience, with software design, development and implementation in a Windows Environment
You are good at:
* Experience with different phases of testing: functionality, integration, regression, system, end-to-end, GUI, and back end data validation, Performance Testing, System Integration Testing and Operational Acceptance Testing
* Experience using scripting or domain specific languages to automate system tests
* Effective communication skills, both written and oral.
* Able to work both within a team and autonomously as tasks dictate.
* Able to digest new technical information at a rapid pace for practical use.
* Strong experience with scripting and utilizing automation tools.
* Appropriate time management capabilities - able to both pace workload and provide feedback to leads on task progress.
* Experience using Selenium, Cucumber or other automation test tools
* Eagerness to improve efficiency and streamline work procedures.
Bonus would be having:
* Agile Scrum team experience
* Experience folding automated testing into a CI pipeline
* Source code repository tool experience
* Related Testing or Agile Certification (CSP, CP-SAT, PSD, PMI-ACP)
What We Can Offer You:
• We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
• Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
• We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
• We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
• For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.