CACI is seeking an experienced Construction Specification Writer in support of NSWCCD R&D Facility Division, Code 10 Test and Evaluation DOD systems.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures.
- Work with engineers, operation personnel, manuals and other materials to write descriptions of processes and processing operations.
- Research develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts.
- Produce electronic documentation to include hard copy manuals.
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content.
- Manage updates and revisions as required by technical guidelines.
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation.
- Describe to employees the different types of materials, to include descriptions or specifications, during a construction project.
- Duties consist of site preparation; structural framework; floors; walls; roofs and building systems; fire protection; electrical; plumbing; HVAC or other identified systems.
- Review engineering drawings and specifications.
- Candidate may oversee one or more activities and often team with engineers, architects and subcontractors.
- Manage the deliveries and use of materials; tools, equipment; quality of construction; and worker productivity and safety.
- Manage and control construction cost against the project budget to prevent cost overruns.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.