What You’ll Get to Do:
Under the direction of Task Supervisor or Document Management Analyst, performs the following tasks while complying with established procedures for:
- Filing, retrieving, and copying case file materials
- Creating witness binders; preparing deposition and trial exhibits
- Entering data on-line to case files and other databases
- Proofreading, editing, correcting OCR'd text files
- Retrieving and blowing back documents from microfilm and digital image media
- Tabbing, numbering, labeling, assembling documents
- Filling out log sheets and reporting on task progress
- Performing quality control on the work of peers
- Prepares documents for image scanning
- Performs other document collection related activities, including document screening, and labeling of files to be scanned.
- Performs simple database searches.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Ability to perform detailed work consistently, accurately, and under pressure extremely important.
- Must be able to read and follow instructions.
- Must be able to understand task, task objectives, and the context of the task in the litigation support effort as a whole.
- Must take the initiative to ask questions when necessary to complete task correctly (e.g. where instructions are not explicit or appear to be contrary to the task objective).
- Must have typing/keyboarding skills and good communication skills.
- Must be knowledgeable user of the Government's office and network environment, including but not limited to, word processing, database, spreadsheet, imaging, and telecommunications systems.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Litigation support experience valued.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.