Training Manager for the DoD-Defense Industrial Base Collaborative Information Sharing Environment (DCISE). The candidate will join the Mission Support Division (MSD). MSD functional areas include internal/external customer services, outreach, operational metrics, process improvement, quality assurance, quality control, and organizational training. This candidate will work closely with DCISE Leadership to evaluate the current mission training needs and identify comprehensive training plans for each function in the organization. The candidate will be primarily responsible for overseeing all aspects of the DCISE internal and external training requirements, to include developing the mission’s training plans, conducting new hire orientations, coordinating, implementing, and tracking DCISE personnel training to enhance the effectiveness of the workforce.
• Advanced understanding of the methods used to analyze and identify the training needs of an organization and the workforce
• Demonstrated experience developing training program(s) and curriculum based on organizational goals and a strategic plan
• Experience developing individualized and group training programs that address specific mission needs and opportunities for improvement
• Demonstrated experience selecting and managing training resources including collaborating with the workforce and vendors to develop and deliver training
• Ability to assess the training program performance to ensure that training is effective and meeting desired goals and expected outcomes
• Proficient at developing, presenting, and recording training presentations
• Experience managing project schedules and preparing/reporting project status
• Experience effectively engaging, interacting, and collaborating at all levels of an organization
• Knowledge management experience to strengthen the organization’s systems used to share information
• Experience with and/or basic fluency in cyber security or information technology
• Familiar with current cyber security training programs, trends, and best practices
• Familiarity with process improvement models and best practices such as CMMI for Services
Suggested Qualifications: 13 years of professional experience without a degree; or 5 years of professional experience with a Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree; or no experience required with a related PhD or JD. Consideration should always be given for the level of specific domain expertise.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.