CACI is seeking an experienced Mechanical Technician in support of the NSWCCD Facilities Division (Code 89) for the repair, installation, maintenance, action plans for design and operation of mechanical systems in support of Test and Evaluation of DoD systems.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Perform repairs on malfunctioning motors, controls, pumps and other components in support of NSWCCD Facilities.
Design, develop, build, repair, and test mechanical devices to include tools, engines and machines.
Assemble and install mechanical systems.
Recommend cost-effective changes in equipment design to improve reliability and safety.
Assist mechanical engineers in developing, building and maintaining machines and tools.
Interpret engineering designs, plans and diagrams.
Prepare cost and material estimates for a project.
Test and analyze machines, tools and components to determine their performance, strength and response stress.
Assemble components/machine parts to form integral or complete product unit.
Provide technical solutions to mechanical problems.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
A Secret Security clearance is the minimum requirement to begin employment. As a requirement of continued employment, you will be required to obtain a Secret Clearance.
Associate degree or a certification in Engineering Technology from a community college or vocation-technical school.
Expertise in maintenance and installation on electrical mechanisms on facilities and auto equipment.
Possess 5 years of industrial experience.
Must have the ability to understand standard policies and procedures and be able to work and communicate well with others in a team setting.
Detail oriented with a flexible and collaborative approach to problem solving in line with data policies and procedures.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
Active Secret Security Clearance.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.