CACI has an exciting job opportunity for a Digital Forensics Systems Engineer located at Ft. Bragg, NC in beautiful Fayetteville, North Carolina.
What You’ll Get to Do:
The successful candidate will serve as the Subject Matter Expert in relation to the collection and handling of Sensitive Site Exploitation (SSE) and Captured Enemy Material (CEM), ensuring that triage and technical exploitation occurs in accordance with organizational intelligence requirements. As the Subject Matter Expert, the TECHEX analyst must be able to work independently in isolated work environment/s. The analyst must be able to quickly respond to technical requirements regarding the TECHEX and Document and Media Exploitation (DOMEX) disciplines to include their sub-disciplines, Media Exploitation (MEDEX), Document Exploitation (DOCEX), Cellular Phone Exploitation (CELLEX), and Biometrics. The candidate will be expected to generate forensics reporting from TECHEX generated products and will respond to any associated analytical requirements. This position requires CONUS and OCONUS travel, sometimes with limited notification. During travel, responsibilities include installing, debugging, maintaining, upgrading of all assigned equipment as well as provide broad mission support, training, briefings, employing and fielding of the Technical Exploitation (TECHEX) capability to include; digital forensics applications, tools, and systems.
In this role, the analyst will coordinate, manage and synchronize TECHEX and DOMEX operations ensuring overall effectiveness. The analyst will conduct data acquisition of a wide variety of multimedia devices to include, but not limited to, Hard Drives, Thumb Drives, SD Cards, GPSs, CDs, DVDs, DVRs, Smart Phones, Feature Phones, Unmanned Arial Vehicles and SIM Cards in a forensically sound manner. The analyst must be able to provide timely and accurate information from exploitation that answers the organization’s intelligence requirements. During the analytical phase of the TECHEX process, the analyst must be able to locate, exploit and report on data recovered from captured enemy media to include user contacts, call logs, internet history, typed URL’s, chat logs, 3rd party application data, recorded geo-coordinates, activity timeline analysis, images, multi-media, to name but a few. The analyst must be able to provide context from the exploitation findings in a timely and cogent manner.
Desired Area: Knowledge of or ability to process, maintain, exploit, and process biometric data utilizing biometric equipment like the Biometric Automated Toolset (BAT), Handheld Interagency Identity Detection Equipment (HIIDE), Nomad, and SEEK.
- Physical requirements require the ability to carry weight up to 40 pounds over uneven terrain in a harsh environment for short durations
- This position has a travel requirement on a rotational basis. During non-travel times, you will support the customer on site at Fort Bragg, NC.
- These responsibilities include travel to training venues, research and development, evaluating, and recommending technologies and techniques to improve support to the end user; creating and maintaining documentation for all processes and procedures; conducting briefings and training for supported end users.
- Expertise in exhibiting strong technical skills as they relate to Microsoft Windows technologies including but not limited to: Windows Server 2003/2007, Windows XP, SQL Server 2000/2005, Networking (to include wireless), third party applications and scripting language will greatly enhance your success.
- Experience in maintaining and configuring computer hardware (i.e. servers, workstations, satellite communications, and a variety of peripheral devices
- Current DoD Top Secret/SCI Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree and/or quantifiable experience within Department of Defense, Law Enforcement, Commercial Vendor or equivalent Government agencies, with applicable experience.
- Strong oral and written communications skills and be capable of effectively directing subordinates Ability to function as a member of a team while also capable of operation alone with little to no supervision or constant guidance.
- Strong background fusing technical exploitation into all source intelligence products.
- Excellent communication and teaching skills.
- Experience with forensics software and tools to include, EnCase, Magnet Forensics (IEF, AXIOM Process, Axiom Examine), Oxygen Forensics, X-Ways Forensics, Bulk Extractor, XRY, Cellebrite UFED, FTK Imager, Forensics Falcon, Autopsy, CHINEX, MacQuistion, Blacklight,
- Formal Computer Forensics/Investigation training
- Experience conducting DOMEX operations
- Experience or formal training in Biometric/Forensic Systems, collections, and databases/architecture
- Knowledge of how Technical Exploitation enables the Intelligence Cycle
- Military background/Special Operations experience
- Willingness to expand education through PROFESSIONAL training opportunities
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.