What You’ll Get to Do:
This position will support an aggressive and fast-paced project to increase the on-time delivery of ships at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard (PNSY). It will entail working directly with PSNSY personnel at all levels of the organization to improve the processes, workflow, communications, collaboration, reporting and supply chains which will lead to increases in Submarine Operational Availability.
More About the Role:
- Provide subject matter expertise in shipbuilding or ship repair activities, including best practices and lessons learned that can be applied to reap improvements in the naval maintenance and modernization activities at PNSY.
- Work within a team and across contractor and customer teams.
- Work directly with the PNSY customer on process improvements supporting project teams, trade shops and support codes.
- Support maintenance availability execution as an advocate to assist with determination of the highest value-added goals, planning and effectively developing and following a course of action.
- Establish and track metrics to determine effectiveness and ensure accountability of stated goals.
- Assist shops, codes, and project teams in concentrating on the critical and controlling path elements that will provide the most value added to their work.
- Establish standards, track highest-performing teams’ behaviors, and share them across the corporation (four shipyards total).
- Ensure supported teams take specific, measurable actions at the agreed upon standard of quality and consistency to drive goal achievement.
- Promote accountability through fostering a collective desire to hold each other accountable, celebrate victories, correct problems and unify the team.
- Provide information for various management systems.
- Support, coordinate and manage customer and team expectations in preparation of documentation, deliverables, and staff assignment as required.
- Design, develop, and update operational and performance metrics that measure the status of objectives and their impact on the performance of stated shipyard measures.
- Perform data collection and analysis.
- Develop, maintain, and execute communication strategies that include all customer stakeholders
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- 15+ years of experience working in public or private industry shipyards in the area of shipbuilding, modernization, or ship repair OR demonstrated experience in a large commercial repair machine shop
- 10+ years of hands-on maintenance experience in a production shop or engineering department
- Expertise in shipyard best practices with the ability to leverage that expertise and experience to identify best-in-class practices across the shipbuilding and ship repair community
- Demonstrated focus on getting work done at the deck plate level and making the workplace and operating environment higher performing
- Demonstrated project management and communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to function as a team member in a demanding industrial environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with customers at all levels of the organization in a professional, effective manner
- Experience in conducting meetings with senior leadership
- Ability to work both independently and with a team to resolve problems
- A self-starter who will seize and maintain the initiative in ambiguous situations
- Ability to be a culture carrier for the team, being a champion for the process and effort at all times
- Proven leadership ability
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Active security clearance (Secret or higher)
- B.S. or B.A. in relevant field
- Experience working with unions and leading teams of “skilled workers” (1st line supervisor, Work Group Leaders, Foreman, Zone Manager, Engineering, etc.)
- Experience working with Carrier Planning Activity, SUBMEPP, SHAPEC, PMS312, PMS 392, etc.
- Experience using cloud-based knowledge management systems (SharePoint, iNFUSION Suite, Jira, etc.)
- Certificate / Certification in Lean, Six Sigma, Shingo, or Theory of Constraints
- Project Management Professional Certification
- Knowledge of Naval Shipyard data systems
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.