CACI is in search of a Cyber Security Engineer to provide support for a large-scale IT modernization initiative. As the lead of this cyber security team, you’ll lead the identification and implementation of information assurance/cyber security requirements. The successful candidate must have experience with threat analysis, vulnerability management, as well as assessment and authorization processes for the Federal government, Department of Defense, or intelligence community.
What You’ll Get to Do:
• Responsible for implementation and application of technologies, processes, and practices designed to protect networks, devices, programs, and data from malicious attack, damage, or unauthorized access
• Identify, analyze, and report potential or realized threat events; research remediations and present recommendations and assist team members in developing mitigation strategies
• Analyze vulnerability scan reports, security threats, and possible implications
• Assess deviations from acceptable configurations, enterprise or local policy; assess the level of risk; and recommend appropriate mitigation counter measures
• Test, implement, maintain, and administer hardware and software required to effectively secure the IT systems
• Monitor systems for unauthorized activities
• Document and track plans of action and milestones (POA&Ms)
• Assist with incident response activities
• Review DoD Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) alerts and work with engineers, administrators, and developers to remediate identified issues
• Inspect systems for vulnerabilities using manual and automated means
• Communicate security regulations, policies, and requirements to ensure compliance
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
•Experience with review and assembly of RMF documentation such as System Security Plans, Security Assessment Plans, Contingency Plans, and Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms).
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Must have ability to work independently and as a team member with excellent organizational and time-management skills
• Experience monitoring systems for unauthorized activities
• Must be detailed-oriented, exercise sound judgment, able to review the work of others, and be able to detect errors or needed modifications
• Must possess excellent oral and written communications skills with ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner to both technical and nontechnical audiences
• Must demonstrate a high degree of personal integrity and ability to discreetly handle sensitive information
• Must hold a DoD 8570.01-M approved security certification such as Security+CE, CAP, CEH, SSCP, CISSP, CISM, or CISA
• US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
•Demonstrated experience with vulnerability management
• Experience securing cloud-based systems
• Experience with eMASS, vulnerability assessment tools (i.e. ACAS, WebInspect, Nessus, Fortify), Splunk, or similar tools
• Monitoring and testing of IT systems for vulnerabilities and indicators of compromise
• Configuring or validating secure systems
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.