What You’ll Get to Do:
- Fabricate intricate fiber optic subassemblies and perform integration of subassemblies with electrical and mechanical components for breadboard, prototype, and production units
- Work with engineers to support the transition of photonic subsystem designs into production
- Perform optical or electrical testing and characterization as specified by work instructions
- Independently follow test procedures and record detailed test data
- Document test failures in the failure reporting system
- Request material and equipment required for assembly and testing of photonic subassemblies
- Maintain laboratory and laboratory equipment
- If required, obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level to perform the job
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Experience building and testing custom, complex electro optical assemblies.
- Fiber optic splicing processes and equipment, including arc fusion splicers, cleavers, and re-coaters
- Use of optical sources, power meters, and optical spectrum analyzers to test optical components
- General understanding of basic photonic principles
- Microelectronic assembly experience a plus
- Hand soldering in compliance to J-STD-0001 space addendum a plus
- Ability to follow detailed work instructions or test procedures
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in a related technical field is desirable
- 5 years of related experience is required, or an equivalent combination of education, skills, and experience
- Work is typically performed in a laboratory environment which requires proper safety precautions. Work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes, or equipment.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-Florham Park-NJ-NEW JERSEY METRO