What You’ll Get to Do:
CACI is seeking a Mid-level Designers within any of the following disciplines: – Structural, Hull, Outfitting, Electrical/Electronic and Piping with Landing Helicopter Dock (LHD) platform related experience.
*This position description is not an active opening but is representative of positions within CACI that are consistently available. Individuals who apply may also be considered for other positions at CACI
More About the Role:
Will perform detailed Ship-check surveys of vessels under the guidance of a Senior Team Lead. Coordinate and interface with other Disciplines, Designers, and Engineers to develop complete drawing packages as related to Amphibious Planning Yard (APY) platform related experience.
Installation, Design and Modification.
Prepare clear, accurate and complete drawings using practical design knowledge and Autodesk applications to include AutoCAD. Develop detailed design elements using information from various sources which may include ship checks, vendor drawings, catalog data, engineering sketches, reference drawings and input from other disciplines.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
At least three (3) to five (5) years recent experience in the design and drafting for repairs or alterations on U.S. Navy ships or related commercial shipbuilding design, operations, and maintenance working in any of the following: Structural, Hull, Outfitting, Electrical/Electronic and Piping related disciplines.
Landing Helicopter Dock (LHD) platform related experience a plus
Demonstrate capability to develop drawings and material specifications suitable for use by the Government in contracting with commercial contractors for U.S. Navy ships.
Intermediate level of competence on Autodesk applications including AutoCAD a MUST.
A minimum of a Secret security clearance is required.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-San Diego-CA-SAN DIEGO