CACI is seeking a Database Administrator-Mid to serve as a technical resource to work in support of our client in Dahlgren, VA.
What You Will Get To Do:
- Serving as technical resource in the Database Administration group responsible for database administration and SQL development.
- Providing coordination with software programmers and business application developers to create properly sized and properly functioning database structures various business applications.
- Planning and implementation of upgrades and evolution strategies for databases.
- Serving as point of contact for database design.
- Providing quality assurance, cyber security, and validation for all database initiatives.
- Knowledge in the application of new M&S technologies.
- Advanced experience with Oracle database management systems to manage information.
- Ability to communicate and document concepts via the generation of CM documentation, SOPs, white papers, presentations, training packages, and technical data packages.
More About the Role:
Using Programming Language (PL)/SQL on a UNIX OS, creates and maintains tables and scripts in a data warehouse environment. Data structuring, system design, and programming experience on EDW. Coordinates with software programmers and business application developers to create properly sized and properly functioning database structures. Serves as POC for database design, planning and implementing upgrades, and evolution strategies for databases. Reads EDW product specifications and implements those specifications using SQL and UNIX scripting. Experience with OLAP databases, and with Cognos Multi-Dimensional cube development and analysis.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
These Qualifications Would Be Nice To Have:
- Experience with command operations at NSWCDD. When customers report issues with the EDW, troubleshoots the issues using code and data analysis.
- Performs a weekly load (a several-hour-long process) that serves as the production updates to the system. Serves as technical resource responsible for database administration and SQL development. Uses understanding of business processes to map the processes to SQL. Provides quality assurance, cybersecurity, and validation for all database initiatives. Uses Oracle utilities including SQL*Loader, DataPump Import/Export on EDW.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.