CACI is looking for a software developer to join a small on-site team at the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Carderock Division developing various multi-platform tools used for ship design and modeling and simulation. These tools interface with commercial off-the-shelf engineering software such as Computational Fluid Dynamics, Finite Element Analysis, and ship concept design tools. The team uses a modified SCRUM Agile process and team members tend to work on multiple projects in parallel as well as adapt to changing requirements as needed. This position provides the opportunity to work in a relaxed, but energetic small team environment developing software used in mission critical engineering analyses for the Navy.
The candidate must have a strong background in programming and must be willing to learn C++ with desired experience in parallel programming and application multithreading. The candidate must be self-motivated and comfortable working with minimal supervision within a larger group. The candidate must also be comfortable working on various unrelated projects simultaneously where needed. This opportunity provides the candidate with an open environment to learn and provide professional software products without micro-management.
* This position description is not an active opening but is representative of positions within CACI that are consistently available. Individuals who apply may also be considered for other positions at CACI.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Develop various multi-platform tools used for ship design and modeling and simulation
Utilize C++ as a development language
Use modified SCRUM Agile process
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
Minimum BS in Computer Science or a similar degree related to Software Development
Strong background in developing software
Willingness to learn C++ and expand programming capabilities
Current Secret Security Clearance
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
Parallel programming and application multithreading
Experience in developing in C++
Developing software for use with High Performance Computing (HPC) environments
Developing software interfaces between various software tools
Experience working in a SCRUM Agile environment
Bonus: engineering analysis software development experience in ship design and modeling and simulation
Bonus: experience using VTK, Qt, and Boost
Bonus: Experience with Visual Studio, GCC, and Intel C++ compilers, and the CMAKE build environment
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.