Works under the direction of Supervisory Paralegal or Project Supervisor.Performs the following tasks while complying with established procedures:
Compiles, prepares, and summarizes relevant materials for use by attorneys in discovery and in preparation of motions, briefs and other legal documents.
Summarizes depositions and other transcripts.
Maintains case files.
Performs simple legal research.
Proofreads and assists with legal writing assignments.
Other examples of the types of work to be performed include compilation of documents for FOIA, production requests, Congressional inquiries, etc.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
Requires paralegal certificate and at least one year of litigation paralegal experience.
Must have basic legal knowledge, including knowledge of standard legal citation to cite check legal motions and memorandum.
Must have sufficient experience with legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw to perform basic legal research.
Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, thorough knowledge and hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, imaging, and hardware systems.
Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure will be very important.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
Appellate support experience; strong legal writing skills.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
This position description is not an active opening but is representative of positions within CACI that are consistently available. Individuals who apply may also be considered for other positions at CACI.