BIT Systems is looking for an Software Engineer 1 (Junior DSP Engineer), who will work on the DSP Engineering team in our their Dulles, VA office. This position requires a background in digital signal processing (DSP) and communication theory. The candidate will participate in the project phases to include (but not be limited to): design, debug, and test of signal processing algorithms running on a variety of platforms supporting intelligence, defense, and other government missions.
- Participate in the design, development, integration, and testing of software to go into our DSP baseline.
- Learn (from Senior Techinical staff and PM) and participate in the for definition of requirements, CONOPs and architecture for future systems
- Support higher level Engineers with field testing of the equipment being developed
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Leverage education and on the job programming skills in C, C++, and Python for Linux software development activities
- Help with Receiver architectures, Software channelization, Modulation/demodulation, Spectral analysis activities
- Use knowledge and understanding of radio frequency (RF) systems and test equipment (spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, signal
- generator, etc.) in support of projects and Senior Technical staff activities
- Help with link budgets, range estimates, and system sensitivity assessments
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent and zero to two years of related experience.
- Programming skills in C, C++, and Python
- Linux software development experience
- Thorough understanding of software defined radio systems:
- Receiver architectures
- Software channelization
- Modulation/demodulation techniques
- Spectral analysis
- Error correcting codes
- Working familiarity with radio frequency (RF) systems and test equipment (spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, signal
- generator, etc.)
- Exposure to all phases of product development (concept, design, implementation, test, and production)
- X-Midas programming experience is desired
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.