CACI is looking for a Senior Naval Architect/Project Leader with strong leadership and technical skills in one or more naval architecture/marine engineering disciplines who can lead project teams and provide guidance to less advanced naval architects and engineers.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Design, develop and analyze new ships and ship system concepts.
Lead complex naval architecture/marine engineering work performed by teams of 10-30 engineers for specific projects, ranging from concept studies to preliminary, contract and detailed design, and through ship production and delivery.
Interface directly with clients to provide technical solutions and recommendations and ensure complete customer satisfaction.
Review and approve deliverables produced by less experienced engineers.
Interface with suppliers, vendors/contractors and cross functional teams to ensure necessary resources are available for ships and systems.
Research new technology and development tools to remain informed of current technology with respect to ship design and systems.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering or Ocean Engineering.
15 years or more of experience in US Navy ship design including at least 10 years leading a project team.
Experience working with US Navy ship and ship system design principles and practices.
Strong organization and time management skills.
Good interpersonal skills to work with project teams and stakeholders.
A Secret clearance is the minimum requirement to begin employment
As a requirement of continued employment you will be required to obtain a Secret Clearance
Good written and verbal (English) communication skills.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
High proficiency with MS Excel, Powerpoint and Word
Navy surface combatant design experience.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.