Responsible for pre-award activities such as interfacing with the Contracting Officer or Prime Contractor, negotiating NDAs and TAs, participating in proposal reviews, conducting OCI screenings, providing risk assessments, recommending mitigation approaches, and negotiating price, terms, and conditions with clients. Post-award actions involve interpreting contract terms and handling subsequent issues as well as attending client meetings, IPRs, PMRs, etc. Other duties include responding to compliance requests, maintaining contracts-related corporate systems such as CES-C and RLA workflow, and participating in M&A due diligence and integration.
What You’ll Get to Do:
As a Contracts Manager, you will be responsible for the review, negotiation, and management of large, complex, multifaceted, long-term contractual agreements with the US Government. This includes ensuring proposals submitted are responsive and contain accurate and complete certifications and terms and conditions in accordance with company policies and all applicable laws and regulations. Also, you will provide post-award support to contracts by negotiating modifications, educating and advising internal teams regarding contractual issues, and identifying and helping to successfully resolve changes that may arise during contract performance. The primary work location is Chantilly, VA with some travel to other locations. This is a non-supervisory position.
More About the Role:
•Responsible for both pre and post-award contract actions. Pre-award activities include interfacing with the Government Contracting Officer, reviewing and analyzing RFP terms and conditions, participating in proposal reviews, conducting OCI screenings, providing risk assessments, recommending and developing mitigation approaches, and negotiating price and terms and conditions with the Government customer. Post-award actions include interpreting contract terms, negotiating modifications, and addressing subsequent issues that include attending Government customer and internal meetings, Program Management Reviews (PMRs), etc.
• During proposals and contract negotiations, engages internal stakeholders in to help achieve financial and profitability goals. Works closely with the Program Manager and Financial Analyst to monitor performance, reduce risk and reduce days sales outstanding (DSO).
• Works on more complex proposals and contracts.
• As a subject matter expert, regularly advises management of contractual rights and obligations.
• Reviews and resolves all issues effecting company compliance and ensures satisfaction of legal requirements, company, and customer objectives.
• Provides creative leadership from knowledge of industry best practices and most current developments in contract administration.
• Provides regular reporting to senior management on contract issues.
• Some travel to locations outside of the DC Metropolitan area.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
•Bachelor's degree or equivalent and a minimum of 10 years of Federal contracting experience
•Knowledge and experience using Microsoft software applications including working with spreadsheets in Excel.
•Demonstrated experience in complex negotiations
•Teamwork skills and experience in building strong, positive and collaborative working relations with both Government contracting personnel and company program management personnel.
•Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense FAR Supplement (DFARS), and individual agency acquisition regulations
•Demonstrated ability to work independently
•Must have a current TS/SCI security clearance.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
•Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM) and/or Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM)
•Some program management experience would be beneficial
•A graduate degree
What We Can Offer You:
US-Florham Park-NJ-NEW JERSEY METRO