The MyNavy HR enterprise is modernizing the way it operates to provide improved service delivery to current and future Sailors and their families. The Navy is successfully recruiting, training, and managing its Sailors in today’s demanding operational environment. However, the MyNavy HR enterprise’s organization, processes, and infrastructure are complex, outdated, and inefficient. Over the next several years, the MyNavy HR enterprise will transform how Human Resources (HR) services are offered through a holistic, end-to-end effort that will directly impact the entire Navy “Hire-to-Retire” (H2R) lifecycle. The Program will follow a set of design principles derived from the MyNavy HR Transformation Guiding Principles. These design principles drive development and transformation related decisions in accordance with MyNavy HR Transformation Objectives, Goals and Priorities including, Maximum Use of COTS/SaaS Based Solutions, Cloud First, Platform Flexibility, Multi-Cloud Support, Design for Mobile, Everything as a Service. The Cloud Architect will provide leadership in translating system non-functional and derived requirements into cloud infrastructure designs and implementations.
What You’ll Get to Do:
You will be a key member of the Systems Engineering Team. The System Engineering team is led by the Solution Architect and is responsible for design decisions in all areas of systems engineering, systems architecture, and strategic technical direction of the program. Responsibilities include designing the architectural framework for large complex systems or systems-of-systems, formulating high-level architectural solutions to ensure system integration meets standards and performance requirements, communicating architectural designs and solutions to the entire technical program team. The System Engineering team analyzes innovative technical solutions and develops plans for integrating into the system architecture and solutions, including architectural designs for integration of COTS ERP, cloud, and SaaS solution. Using Model Driven Design and Implementation (MDDI), CACI’s Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) solution and Agile methods, the System Engineering team provides technical expertise and guidance to deliver enterprise-level integration frameworks, including DevSecOps.
On our team, you will be responsible for the infrastructure configuration management solution in hybrid-cloud architecture, integrating complex technical solutions using many different technologies and ensuring that the designs of systems meet the program’s Objectives, Goals and Priorities. You will be involved with transforming development, test and production environments from on-premises to cloud-based solutions. You will work closely with stakeholders to gather technical requirements, architect solutions, and execute on deliverables. You will be responsible for providing a multi-tenant, multi-cloud, cloud and on-prem IT infrastructure solutions to ensure the success of the MyNavy HR Transformation program evolving the Navy’s current support environment from 200+ legacy applications (50+ systems) to a cloud-based, Afloat Ready, System of Systems Architecture (SOSA) comprising five subsystems: Single Point of Entry (SPOE), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Navy Personnel and Pay (NP2), Learning Stack (LS), and the Authoritative Data Environment (ADE). You will work in close collaboration with software developers/engineers, quality assurance engineers, stakeholders, and end users within Agile Engineering processes. You will need to have a working knowledge of enterprise class information infrastructure assurance requirements and network security and survivability.
More about this role:
· The Systems Engineer (SE) IT Infrastructure will ensure infrastructure designs meet the requirements for, system performance, availability, security, reliability, scalability, and compatibility with the MyNavy HR Transformation Program tools including, Cameo Enterprise Architecture, System Architect (single license), DOORS Classic, Mattermost (Collaboration) and SharePoint/A-IDE, Nessus (Vulnerability Scanning), and Splunk (Log Aggregation).
· The SE will oversee configuration and orchestration of cloud infrastructure resources.
· The SE should be familiar with the rules of the road relative to CACI’s Corporate 800-171 package and the hosting of Government CUI data.
· The SE will help with the design of the configuration management solutions for managing changes to cloud infrastructure resources.
· The SE will provide best practices and guidance for managing cloud resources compute instance operating systems, application stacks, and other infrastructure.
· Ensure the solution design covers management for all infrastructure components and cloud resources, OS, and application stacks.
· Create models and specifications to describe resource configurations in a reusable way.
· Leverage scripting languages and operating systems that the MyNavy HR Transformation Program is already using or is comfortable developing and maintaining expertise in.
· You might have a focus on one cloud service and not all but able to rapidly learn and adapt to new challenges and technologies
· Experience with networking concepts and logging and monitoring of hybrid-cloud workloads.
· Understanding of application security patterns including web application security, service mesh and mobile security strategies.
· Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/SaaS/PaaS technology space
· Communicates acceptably with both technical and non-technical colleagues, sharing knowledge and insight
· Experience with developing scalable architectures using API management, microservice frameworks, PaaS, and container orchestration systems, or other applicable platforms.
· Produces and reviews detailed documentation and diagrams regarding the solution being integrated
· Drive the IT Infrastructure sections of Systems Engineering Reviews
· Provide technical cross-training/coaching of more junior colleagues
· Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred
· 10+years’ experience in computer engineering
· Active Secret Security Clearance or able to attain
· Well versed in industry standard software development and systems engineering processes
· Expertise in Cloud Applications & Infrastructure (Amazon Web Services), Windows, Linux (Red Hat)
· Familiar with datacenter virtualization using technologies such as VMware
· Full understanding of Network security configurations and architectures
· Knowledge of DoD information assurance, policy, and regulatory requirements.
**Active Secret Clearance Required**