Mastodon Design (a subsidiary of CACI) seeks a Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Configuration Management Specialist for managing and maintaining the configuration of hardware items and related Engineering documentation throughout its lifecycle. The Configuration Management Specialist will be responsible for all configuration management planning, including describing provisions for configuration identification, change control, configuration status accounting, and configuration audits.
- Create, verify, import, and maintain PCB library elements including electronic schematic diagram symbols and PCB footprint cells in a Library Management System utilizing vendor datasheets as well as industry and company standards - Maintain data in Configuration Management system to include part structures, version control, design documentation, and dependencies.
- Facilitate orderly management of technical and/or engineering information; to include engineering changes to hardware and technical data.
- Prepare assembly drawings, parts lists, and bills of material necessary for procurement of circuit boards.
- Perform detailed error checks and post processing, to facilitate successful board manufacturing. The candidate will be responsible for working with complex and quick-turn PCB layout vendors as projects may dictate.
- Generate project specific Configuration Management Plans.
- Perform Configuration Status Accounting, Verification, and Audits.
- Work closely with other stakeholders including other members of the quality department, production, engineering, management, customers, and other teams/stakeholders that exist, both internal and external to the organization; participate in internal and customer meetings.
- Collaborate to review design concepts and provide feedback for ease of assembly. Work with the design team to review, edit, and make recommendations to work instructions for assembly tasks.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience with creating symbols and library parts using library tools. - Experience preparing assembly drawings, parts lists, and bills of material necessary for procurement of circuit boards.
- Experience with electronic components an associated ratings.
- Knowledge of PCB design technologies, PCB layout techniques, electrical schematics, PCB fabrication and assembly drawings.
- Experience with Mentor cad products such as DX Designer and PADS Layout.
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize new ECAD tools.
- Ability to estimate cycle times to complete tasks.
- Ability to understand and correct schematics with design engineering input
- Work with engineers and other support staff to review design concepts and provide feedback for ease of assembly.
- Work with the design team to review, edit and make recommendations on work instructions for assembly tasks.
- Experience using Windows and Microsoft Office Suite, including Sharepoint.
- Knowledge of IPC standards as relate to PCB design, fabrication and assembly.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance.
Education and Experience:
- Associates / Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in electrical/electronic engineering.
- 3 years of experience in a configuration management role is desired.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.