Next Century, a wholly-owned subsidiary of CACI, is seeking multiple Principal Software Engineers to join our team in Annapolis Junction, MD!
Be part of the movement! Join a large seven-year multi-program contract serving as the enterprise-wide analyst capabilities contract for an Intelligence Community (IC) customer. These efforts will include the development and sustainment of integrated, feature-rich capabilities that promote the modernizing of visualization and presentation tools across the agency space.
Joining our team could be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to reshape the way our customers perform their mission.
To be successful as a Principal Software Engineer, you will need:
Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development processes and standards
Design and code new software/modify existing software
Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
Develop and assist with software testing
Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, consult users or engineers, analyze system flows, data usage, and solve problem areas
Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements to obtain information on project capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
Recommend new technologies and processes for complex software projects
Serve as a technical lead of multiple software development teams
Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
Ensure quality control of all develop and modified software
Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university AND 20 years’ experience as a SWE OR 4 additional year of experience as a SWE in lieu of degree
Active TS/SCI with Polygraph required
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.