CACI’s Business and Information Technology Solutions (BITS) Sector, is seeking a Database Engineer / Administrator to support a large, prime Intelligence contract in Hanover, MD.
What You’ll Get to Do:
As a Database Engineer / Administrator, you will be a member of a cross-functional team responsible for Oracle and/or MongoDB database administration working on IC Security Services.
Responsibilities will include, but is not limited to:
- Allocate system storage and plan for future storage requirements
- Create and maintain primary database storage structures
- Create primary database objects (tables, views, indexes) once developers have designed an application and assist developers in the design if required
- Modify the database structure, as needed
- Monitor and optimize the database performance
- Plan backup and recovery methodology
- Backup and restore the database as required
- Apply Database updates and patches
- Migrate databases to new hardware as required
- Write PL/SQL stored procedures and triggers
- Write and maintain shell scripts
- Recommend new architectures, designs, and strategies for the future
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in a technical discipline. Additional experience may be substituted for degree.
- Current TS/SCI Poly clearance
- 8 years experience in Database Administration (Oracle or MongoDB)
- 5 years experience with PL/SQL and SQL
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Knowledgeable of large object (LOB) data structures
- Implementation and management of partitioned objects
- Experience with RDBMS management via Cloud Control
- DB architecture, designs, and strategies
- RDBMS upgrade to 12c
- Database performance tuning
- Shell scripting
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.