Under limited direction, support the manufacturing of space qualified laser-based products including Circuit Card Assemblies (CCAs), Fiber Optic Assemblies, and Mechanical items.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain configuration-controlled manufacturing documentation of sub-assembly, and system level BOM structures throughout the manufacturing lifecycle.
- Create and maintain documents related to the products, such as assembly instructions, production travelers, errata, and specifications.
- Work with team members to provide direction, technical guidance, action item tracking and project status reporting.
- Provide technical inputs to support Preliminary and Critical Design reviews.
- Develop and present Manufacturing Readiness Reviews
- Execute Continuous Improvement projects that drive cost reduction
- Procure and setup capital equipment
- Develop Facility Layout drawings and equipment requirements for new business
- Collaborate with Engineering as new features and design updates are being introduced into the manufacturing process to ensure design for manufacturability.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Quality, and Management to maintain policies and documentation as necessary for AS9100 certification.
- Participate in Quality audits as necessary to meet certification requirements. Develop and maintain statistics to support typical audits.
- Attend Design Meetings as necessary with Engineering and Suppliers.
- Collaborate with Design Engineering and Components Engineering to address End of Life, other material resource issues, manufacturing quality issues, and to resolve defects.
- Understand and adhere to all CACI Ethical and Compliance policies.
- Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to CACI EH&S policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required.
- If required, obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level required to perform the duties of the position.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have experience in Product Manufacturing from a production planning, and supply chain management perspective.
- Experience with Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) tools e.g. Oracle.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self -starter and able to manage multiple competing demands.
- Ability to work well with others at all levels in the company.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing on technical subject matter.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows software applications and other software applications as required.
- Preferred experience with fiber optic splicing, routing and thermal management
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing methods.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical degree and 6-8 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education, skills and experience.
- Work is typically performed in an office environment which requires proper safety precautions. Work requires some physical effort in the handling of materials, boxes, or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-Florham Park-NJ-NEW JERSEY METRO